It’s all about that Z.
They’ll be joining a soundtrack that also includes Japanese rock band Maximum the Hormone, whose 2008 song “F” actually inspired Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama to include fan favorite Frieza in the film in the first place.
Maximum the Hormone’s “F.” Warning: loud.
The film, titled Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu no F (Resurrection of F), will hit Japanese theaters April 18. The film, which is written by Toriyama and directed by Tadayoshi Yamamuro (longtime Dragon Ball Z animation director), centers around Frieza and his army.
It’ll follow on the heels of 2013’s Battle of Gods, also written by Toriyama, and feature that film’s main villian, Beerus.
Momoiro Clover Z recently contributed the theme song “Moon Pride” to the new Sailor Moon series, Sailor Moon Crystal.
Momoiro Clover Z and Dragon Ball Z. That’s a collaboration that just makes sense, isn’t it?
– Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection of F Teased
– Frieza Returns in 2015 Dragon Ball Z Anime Film
– 2015 Dragon Ball Z Anime Film Teased
– Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Review
– 5 Most Underused Techniques in the Dragon Ball Franchise