It’s January, meaning we’re being hit with an onslaught of 2018 in review pieces, polls and more. We really like this one, though: it’s a look back not at any anime in specific, but the most memorable pieces of anime news.
Here’s what the anime fans of Japan can’t forget about 2018, according to Charapedia!
10. City Hunter gets a new anime film
City Hunter: Shinjuku Private Eyes will be the first film in the series in 20 years.
9. Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai gets an anime series
The light novel series follows high school boy Sakuta Azusagawa, who always perceives his professional actress senior Mai Sakurajima to be dressed as a bunny girl, even though no one else does.
8. Voice actor Unsho Ishizuka dies
Ishizuka voiced roles like Jet Black in Cowboy Bebop and Joseph Joestar in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders.
7. Is the order a rabbit? gets a third season
The series will premiere in 2020, and will be proceeded by an OVA.
6. A Certain Scientific Railgun gets a third season
Magical Index and Scientific Accelerator also got new series.
5. Detective Conan: Zero the Enforcer becomes a mega-hit
It was one of the year’s highest-grossing films in Japan and topped the Conan film series.
4. Sword Art Online gets a third season
And it’s set to run some 50 episodes.
3. Voice actress Akiko Yajima retires from the role of Crayon Shin-chan
Yajima had played the role since 1992.
2. Gintama manga nears end, switches to Jump Giga magazine
All good things…
1. Manga-ka Momoko Sakura dies
Sakura was best known for Chibi Maruko-chan.
What anime news of 2018 most surprised, excited or shocked you?