The Manga Taishō, also known as the Cartoon Grand Prize, is a yearly award given to the author of a relatively new manga (eight volumes or less). The 2016 edition is on its way, and 11 titles have been announced nominees for the prize.
The nominees are:
- Okazaki ni Sasagu (Saho Yamamoto)
- Koi wa Amaagari no You ni (Jun Mayuzuki)
- Golden Kamui (Satoru Noda)
- Dungeon Meshi (Ryoko Kui)
- Tokyo Tarareba-jō (Akiko Higashimura)
- Tonkatsu DJ Agetarō (Iipyao/Yūjirō Koyama)
- Nami yo Kiite Kure (Hiroaki Samura)
- Hyakumanjō Labyrinth (Takamichi)
- BLUE GIANT (Shinichi Ishizuka)
- Boku Dake ga Inai Machi aka ERASED (Kei Sanbe)
- Machida-kun no Sekai (Yuki Andō)
The winner of the 2015 Manga Taishō was Kakukaku Shikajika by Akiko Higashimura (Princess Jellyfish). Higashimura is also nominated this year for her manga Tokyo Tarareba-jō.
Who will win? We will find out March 29, when the ceremony is set to take place.
Source: Anime Anime