Remember that old phrase about fury and women and scorn and stuff?
Anime ranking site Charapedia were probably thinking along those lines when they set up their latest survey, asking pollees the question, “what anime woman would you most scared of upsetting?”
There’s no shortage of fierce anime women to choose from, but what were Japanese fans’ top 20? Read on to find out!
20. Roberta – Black Lagoon
19. Mikoto Misaka – A Certain series
18. Sakura Mato – Fate/ series
17. Kagura – Gintama
16. Rena Ryugu – When They Cry
15. Balalaika – Black Lagoon
14. Nami – One Piece
13. Haruhi Suzumiya – The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
12. Miyuki Shiba – The Irregular at Magic High School
11. Hitagi Senjogahara – Monogatari series
10. Erza Scarlet – Fairy Tail
9. Kotonoha Katsura – School Days
8. Shino Asada (Sinon) – Sword Art Online
7. Ran Mori – Detective Conan
6. Ayase Aragaki – Oreimo (My Little Sister Can’t Be This Cute)
5. Sakura Haruno – Naruto
4. Riko Aida – Kuroko’s Basketball
3. Asuna Yuki – Sword Art Online
2. Tae Shimura – Gintama
1. Mikasa Ackerman – Attack on Titan
And some reader comments:
“There’s no woman scarier than Kotonoha in the world.”
“Asuna only really gets angry in doujinshi, haha”
“Is this really a list of scary women? Or just strong ones?”
“If anything, the Black Lagoon characters are a bit low on the list”
“Balalaika’s not #1? This list sucks.”
Our analysis? The times they are a’changin’. We were truly shocked not to see Evangelion’s Asuka on this list. On the other hand, maybe Asuka fans want her to get angry at them?
What anime or manga female would you not want on your bad side?
– These Anime Men Have “Women’s Power,” Say Japanese Fans
– Japanese Fans Rank Characters With the Cutest Eyes
– Is Kill La Kill’s Nudity Sexist or Empowering?
– Japanese Fans Rank The Anime Couples They Want to Split Up
– Japanese Fans Would Hate To Have These Anime Dads