A stage play adaptation was announced for Tatsuki Fujimoto’s Chainsaw Man manga back in December, and now we know more about the cast that will be bringing it to life. One of the main players is Aya Hirano, voice of Haruhi Suzumiya in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anime among many others, who will play Makima in the stage play.
As pictured starting on the left of the top row in the image below, the cast includes:
- Naotake Tsuchiya as Denji
- Mizuki Umetsu as Aki Hayakawa
- Mahiru Coda as Power
- Minami Tsukui as Himeno
- Haruki Iwata as Kobeni Higashiyama
- Ko Kanegae as Hirokazu Arai
- Masashi Taniguchi as Kishibe
- Masahide Tada and Yutaka Nakasone as Chainsaw Man
- Orenograffiti as Samurai Sword in human form
- Shoma Yoshioka as Samurai Sword in Devil form
- Aya Hirano as Makima
The Chainsaw Man stage play will have performances at Tokyo’s Galaxy Theatre from September 16 to October 1, followed by Kyoto’s Kyoto Theater from October 6 to 9.
The Chainsaw Man TV anime streamed on Crunchyroll as it aired in Japan. Here’s the official synopsis:
Denji is a teenage boy living with a Chainsaw Devil named Pochita. Due to the debt his father left behind, he has been living a rock-bottom life while repaying his debt by harvesting devil corpses with Pochita.
One day, Denji is betrayed and killed. As his consciousness fades, he makes a contract with Pochita and gets revived as “Chainsaw Man” — a man with a devil’s heart.