Following up on the previous hit first-person entry in the Resident Evil series, Resident Evil VII, Resident Evil Village touches down on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, PC, and Stadia around the world on May 7. Ahead of that, the launch trailer is here to get everyone ready for the next stage of survival horror below.
Capcom runs through the features:
- A New Chapter in the Resident Evil Storyline – This eighth major installment in the flagship Resident Evil series continues the story from the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 7 biohazard. With the return of popular features and introduction of new elements, survival horror has never been so intense.
- Popular Resident Evil Features – Fans might recognize new features in Resident Evil Village that are nods to previous Resident Evil games including a merchant dubbed “The Duke” who allows players to purchase and sell items, buy recipes for crafting consumables, and customize weapons.
- The Mercenaries Are Back – The fan-favorite, battle-the-clock extra game mode, “The Mercenaries,” makes its return with new features. Now players have the option to buy and upgrade weapons from The Duke, and acquire abilities that enhance weapons and physical capabilities to offer more depth and replay value.
- Familiar Faces and New Foes – Resident Evil series Chris Redfield returns under a shroud of seemingly sinister motives. Ethan will also encounter a host of new adversaries inhabiting the enigmatic village, all with their own distinctive attacks.
- Evolution of Combat – In addition to engaging and attacking enemies, Ethan can also now guard against incoming attacks, or kick enemies away to buy time for his next move, requiring players to further strategize the best approach for surviving the many challenges ahead.
- 25th Anniversary Celebration Bonus – As a thank you to fans, Resident Evil Village will include access to a free multiplayer experience titled Resident Evil Re:Verse, coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. An all-star cast of fan-favorite Resident Evil characters face off in four to six-player deathmatch battles in iconic series locations.
- Latest Console Technology – RE Engine paired with new technologies available via PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S delivers hyper-detailed graphics, advanced immersive audio and little to no load times, bringing the shadowy village and its evocative residents to life in first person perspective.
- Play Across Generations – Resident Evil Village will be eligible to upgrade free from PlayStation 4 to the digital PlayStation 5 version and will support Smart Delivery for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles.