Way back in February of last year, we posted about an event called Animesia, in which a group of restaurants in Akihabara served up dishes from various anime. One of the items on offer was the pasta wolfed down by Lupin and Jigen in Hayao Miyazaki’s Castle of Cagliostro.
That restaurant wasn’t alone in thinking Miyazaki has a knack for animating some delicious-looking food. ANN points us to a series of videos they found on Youtube where a Japanese fan has recreated not one, not two, but forty-seven dishes featured in various Miyazaki films, from a giant slab o’ ham from Laputa to the feast in Spirited Away where Sen’s parents literally pig out.
For those of you into Ghibli and cooking, this seems like a perfect way to combine your hobbies. And if you have any leftovers, send ‘em this way, okay?
– Pixel Art Tribute to Miyazaki’s Movies
– Real-Life Version of Nausicaa’s Glider Showcased
– Miyazaki Describes the Type of Otaku He Hates Most
– Miyazaki Receives Honorary Oscar
– Kingdom of Dreams and Madness: Studio Ghibli Documentary Review