Death Note, the 2003-06 manga about a death-causing notebook and the young man into whose hands it falls, has been adapted into numerous properties, including an anime series, three live-action films and even a musical.
But enthusiasm for the over 10-year-old series appears high as ever. It was announced April 20 that Death Note will be adapted into a live-action TV series set to premiere this July on NTV.
The site for the TV drama, which also launched April 20, includes placeholder graphics for the characters Light, L and Near. On the series’ official Twitter page, a CG-rendered Ryuk is pictured with thought bubbles reading, “a TV drama, huh… interesting!”
We’ll post more information about the series as its July airdate approaches!
– Death Note Musical Stars Warm Up Their Vocal Cords
– Gus Van Sant Rumored to Direct Live-Action Death Note
– Death Note Musical Casts L
– Get a Taste of Death Note: The Musical
– 10th Anniversary Death Note Project Coming