Last month saw the announcement of an anime adaptation for Haro Aso and Kotaro Takata’s Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead manga, which is on the way to screens this July. Now we have another update in the form of a cast addition, with Tomori Kusunoki (Makima in Chainsaw Man) lined up to voice heroine Shizuka Mikazuki.
Here’s Shizuka’s anime design:
The main cast member previously revealed was Shuichiro Umeda (Izumi in Shikimori’s Not Just a Cutie), who will voice lead protagonist Akira Tendo.
- Creators: Haro Aso, Kotaro Takata
(Published by Shogakukan: Monthly Sunday Gene-X, ongoing)
- Director: Kazuki Kawagoe (Komi Can’t Communicate)
- Assistant Director: Hanako Ueda (Summer Time Rendering)
- Series Composition: Hiroshi Seko (Chainsaw Man)
- Character Design: Kii Tanaka
- Zombie Design: Junpei Fukuchi
- Music: Makoto Miyazaki
- Music Selection: Maiko Gouda
- Sound Production: dugout
- Animation Production: BUG FILMS
- Production: Shogakukan-Shueisha Productions Co., Ltd
Here’s the official description:
With three years under his belt at the company from hell, Akira Tendo is mentally and physically spent. All at the ripe old age of twenty-four. Even his crush from Accounting, Saori, wants nothing to do with him. Then, just when life is beginning to look like one big disappointment, it happens. The zombie apocalypse descends on Japan! Surrounded by hordes of hungry zombies, Akira comes to a realization that will forever change his life…
“Wait, does this mean I never have to go to work again?”
Confess to… party like it’s… travel Japan coast to…
Now, with his nightmare job no longer, Akira’s got his mojo back. Let the bucket listing begin!!
The series previously inspired a live-action movie.