Because your kiss, your kiss, is on my list!
Since May 23 is “Kiss Day” in Japan, there’s no better time to take a look at some of the most memorable smooches in anime history. The day itself gets the distinction because it lines up with the day of release for the first Japanese film featuring an on-screen kiss, 1946’s Hatachi no Seishun. As for anime, Japanese fans came through for an AnimeAnime.jp poll to name their favorite kisses in anime.
Of the 287 users polled, 30 percent were men and 70 percent were women. 60 percent of those polled were under 19 years old, and the rest were over 20, making this quite the youthful turnout.
The results may feature some spoilers depending on your sensitivity to it, so please approach the top 10 below with caution!
- TIE: 8th – The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya – Kyon and Haruhi
- TIE: 8th – Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! the Movie: Happy Birthday in the Sweets Kingdom – Koko and Nozomi
- TIE: 8th – Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- – Subaru and Emilia
- 7th – Inuyasha – Inuyasha and Kikyo
- 6th – Sasaki and Miyano – Sasaki and Miyano
- 5th – Fruits Basket – Kyo and Tohru
- 4th – Pokémon XYZ– Ash and Serena
- 3rd – Assassination Classroom – Nagisa and Kaede
- 2nd – Sword Art Online – Kirito and Asuna
- 1st – Detective Conan/Case Closed – Shinichi and Ran
Which anime kiss would top your list?
Via Crunchyroll News