Shout! Factory Brings Original Kamen Rider and More to New Streaming Channel
Fans of rubber suits and controlled explosions take note, because there’s more tokusatsu action coming to the U.S. In fact, it’s right around the corner, with Shout! Factory and Pluto TV teaming up to introduce classic live-action series via the new TokuSHOUTsu streaming channel.
The ad-supported channel launches at midnight Pacific Time on March 17, and an official website is now live. Programming includes the U.S. debut of the original 1971 Kamen Rider series, as well as Super Sentai shows, Ultraman Leo, and more.
Here’s the lineup so far:
- KAMEN RIDER: SEASON 1 – The original Japanese television series follows the exploits of a masked, motorcycle-riding hero who fights the forces of evil.
- ULTRAMAN LEO – The series featuring the survivor of Planet L77 of the Leo constellation, who takes the human form of 20-year-old Gen Ootori.
- SUPER SENTAI –A number of series on which Power Rangers is based, where original color-coded superhero teams battle out-of-this-world villains, their armies, and incredible monsters. The offering includes Chojin Sentai Jetman, Super Sentai Zyuranger, Gosei Sentai Dairanger, Ninja Sentai Kakuranger, Chouriki Sentai Ohranger, Gekisou Sentai Carranger, Denji Sentai Megaranger, Seijuu Sentai Gingaman, Kyuukyuu Sentai Gogofive, Mirai Sentai Timeranger, Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger, and Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger.
- LET’S TALK TOKU – A new, original weekly talk show for anyone with an interest in tokusatsu. Hosted by Squall Charlson, and featuring a variety of guest hosts, Let’s Talk Toku gives viewers an inside look into everything toku, including masked superheroes, kaiju monsters, cyborgs, aliens, villains and, of course, the toys.
- BACKLOT – Select episodes from Shout! Factory TV’s original series that grants an inside look at favorite series and films, covering Godzilla, Gamera, Gorgo, Power Rangers and much more.
- LIVE EVENTS – Events and convention stunts such as Power Morphicon livestreams.
Source: Shout! Factory