The anime film adaptation of Akira Toriyama’s SAND LAND manga is barreling toward cinemas in Japan on August 18, and when it arrives fans will have a plethora of viewing options. In addition to regular screenings, the official website announced that IMAX, 4DX and MX4D screenings will be available on the same day.
Check out a new trailer and visual:
- Mutsumi Tamura as Beelzebub
- Kazuhiro Yamaji as Rao
- Chō as Thief
- Satoshi Tsuruoka as General Are
- Nobuo Tobita as General Zau
- Director: Toshihisa Yokoshima (Amanatsu, Cocolors)
- Direction advisor: Hiroshi Koujina (The Vampire Dies in No Time)
- Screenplay: Hayashi Mori (Drifting Home)
- Music: Yugo Kanno (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure)
Here’s how VIZ Media describes SAND LAND:
In the far future, war has destroyed the entire Earth, leaving only a barren wasteland where the supply of water is controlled by the greedy king. In search of a long-lost lake, Sheriff Rao asked the king of the demons for help…and got the king’s son, Beelzebub, and his assistant, Thief. Together the unlikely trio sets off across the desert, facing dragons, bandits and the deadliest foe of all… the King’s army itself! It’s travel adventure and tank action in this new story from Akira Toriyama, the creator of Dragon Ball Z!