This month kicked off with confirmation that the More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers anime will start its broadcast in October. Shortly after that announcement, the staff revealed the first trailer for the series, which adapts the manga by Yuki Kanamaru.
Check out the preview below while we wait for the series to premiere.
The previously revealed staff at anime studio MOTHER (Arifureta: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest) is shaping up like so:
- Chief Director: Takao Kato (To Love Ru)
- Director: Junichi Yamamoto (Armor Shop for Ladies & Gentlemen)
- Series Composition: Naruhisa Arakawa (Spice and Wolf)
- Character Design: Chizuru Kobayashi (chief animation director on Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne)
- Color Design: Akira Nagasaka (Miss KUROITSU from the Monster Development Department)
- Art Director: Naoko Akusawa (background artist on WONDER EGG PRIORITY)
- Director of Photography: Misato Takahata (JUJUTSU KAISEN photography)
- Editing: Ichiro Chaen (The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made)
Here’s how MyAnimeList describes the story:
Jirou, a third-year in high school, is forced to live with a gal named Akari under a course called the “Couple Practical.” In order to be paired with their own romantic interests, they’re going to act as a married couple…!?