As hardcore Attack on Titan fans are no doubt aware, the Japanese title of the series is Shingeki no Kyojin, literally something like “advance of the giants.” Hence the latest tie-up for the series, this time with the professional baseball team the Yomiuri Giants, who are known in Japanese as – you guessed it – the Kyojin.
During four games in July, visitors will receive a special Attack on Titan x Yomiuri Giants towel colored just like Mikasa’s scarf. Giants fans are known for twirling their towels frantically during rallies or after a run is scored.
The Yomiuri Giants are often cited as the Yankees of Japan for their popularity, frequent pennant wins and cash reserves to scoop up the best players.
A nice tie-up, for sure, but you will not see us in the stands, as we here at Otaku USA are diehard supporters of the Tokyo Yakult Swallows.
– Attack on Titan Ties Up With… Water Coolers?
– For Love of the Game: A Baseball Anime Primer
– Attack On Titan Teams Up With… Schick Razors?
– A Brief History of Unusual Sports Anime
– Attack on Titan Collaborating with Pizza Hut