There will be no new Mario game in 2015, says Nintendo of America’s director of product marketing Bill Trinen.
That’s according to an interview in the Reno Gazette-Journal, which covered a wide range of topics, including Ultimate NES Remix, a general return to old-school gaming, and Nintendo’s game development philosophy.
Obviously, that doesn’t include Mario Maker, the upcoming Mario level editor for Wii U, but likely refers to a “major” Mario game ala Super Mario 3D World.
Though it contains that sad bit of news about Mario, it’s a positive interview overall and worth checking out if you’re a Nintendo fan. And if you’re bummed about Mario, remember there’s a new Zelda scheduled for this year…
Source: Reno Gazette-Journal
– Amiibo a Hit for Nintendo
– Shigeru Miyamoto To Direct Short Film
– Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Sell 3 Million Copies in 3 Days
– Sonic the Hedgehog To Become Hollywood movie
– Square Enix Gets Final Fantasy VII Fans’ Hopes Up, Crushes Them