A few months ago, an exhibition celebrating the legacy of Hello Kitty opened in Los Angeles, and now that exhibition is moving north.
“Hello! Exploring the Supercute World of Hello Kitty” will open at Seattle’s EMP Museum this November. The exhibition features 600 pieces of artwork from the Sanrio archives as well as pieces inspired by the character.
The opening of the exhibition in L.A. last year came with a bit of controversy, when curator Christine Yano wrote a piece explaining that Kitty is not, in fact, a cat.
Sanrio later followed up to clarify that Kitty is, in fact, a feline, but an anthropomorphic one (well, duh).
Seattleites will have the opportunity to explore all of the kitty kontroversy (I am sorry) this November.
– Check Out This Evangelion Kaworu Plush by Sanrio
– The Truth Behind Hello Kitty Revealed
– Hello Kitty Mixes It Up with Durarara!!
– Hello Kitty’s Latest Collabo is with Evangelion
– Cat Cafes Finally Reaching US Shores