What happens when you mix the dynamite devs at Yakuza house Ryu ga Gotoku Studio with one of the most storied manga and anime franchises of all time? You get Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, which essentially puts Kenshiro in his very own head-bursting, pressure-point-punching Yakuza-style game.
Now that Lost Paradise is officially available on PS4 in the west, Sega is here with a launch trailer and an appropriately-absurd bonus clip.
- Become the Fist of the North Star – Explore an alternate version of the Fist of the North Star canon; take control of Kenshiro as he searches for his lost love Yuria in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. For anyone unfamiliar with the original story, Lost Paradise can be enjoyed as a completely standalone experience.
- “You’re Already Dead” or “Omae wa Mou Shindeiru?” Why Not Both? – Lost Paradise features English / Japanese dual-track audio, so you can ATATATA!’ in the language of your choosing.
- Master the Hokuto Shinken Style – Kenshiro’s ultimate assassination techniques, the “Hokuto Shinken”, are at your disposal in battle. After building up the Seven Star gauge, you can demolish enemies from the inside out with dozens of brutal and iconic “Hokuto Shinken” techniques, faithfully recreated from the original manga. More lethal techniques will be available as you progress through the story and battles. Keep your fists up!
- Explore a Lost Paradise and the Wasteland Surrounding It – Even Kenshiro needs the occasional break from beating up thugs. Luckily, even in the dilapidated city of Eden, there’s no shortage of engaging side missions and minigames to take part in. Use the power of “Hokuto Shinken” to prepare drinks at a bar, manage a struggling nightclub, customize a buggy and race through the barren desert, play retro games at the arcade or your hideout, including the original Fist of the North Star game, and more! Tired of the city? Head out into the wasteland in your buggy to collect materials and complete side missions, but be careful of hidden dangers lurking beyond the dunes!
- Extra Carnage – Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise features everything available in the original Japanese release, Hokuto Ga Gotoku, plus enhanced carnage for the localized version! For the first time, witness the full effects of Kenshiro’s brutal “Hokuto Shinken” on the lowlifes and thugs of the post-apocalyptic wastes. You can turn extra blood on or off, depending on your playstyle!